Friday, March 13, 2009

Such a big boy....

Landon is such a big boy now. He is talking more, and is walking So good now! He just loves this new independence.

I have conflicting emotions about this. I am happy that he is becoming more independent. Happy that soon he will be much easier to handle and happy that before long, my life will be diaper and bottle free.

I think 6 years of changing diapers is enough!!!!

But I am also very sad. It breaks my heart that he is growing up. I hate that this will be the last time I see this stage in one of my kids. I am so sad that before long this precious sweet boy that I adore will be gone and replaced by a bigger, different boy that I will adore.

Throughout my life when I would look at pictures from when I was little, my mom would always say " I miss her! I miss THAT Taryn!" And I couldn't help but be a little offended. "What?" am I so bad NOW?
But now I totally understand what she means. It has nothing to do with the love you feel for them. I love all my kids more than I can say. I have always and will always love them that way. But kids change. They change their looks, personalities, quirks, voice, hair, skin, everything!!

Even though at each stage there are things that drive me CRAZY!! There are also things that I am so in love with. And I hate that before long, those things will be gone. I am so afraid that I will forget all these little things. in the chaos of life and school and activities, I want to make sure to try to remember them as they are now.

Writing this bring a song to mind. Have you ever heard the country song "You're gonna miss this?" i can't remember who sings it, but when it first come out I thought it was kinda hokey. But recently it came on and I really listened to the words. It had me crying before the second chorus. And if you know me...I don't cry easily. It is a great reminder for me at this time in my life. When I am ready to go crazy and duct tape my kids to the wall just so I can get some peace, I have to remember, that eventually I will miss these times. Hard to believe, but I know it is true. Because as crazy as I thought it was a few years ago, I miss it.

Well, when i started writing this post I didn't plan to write you a book, but it is what it is.

Here are a couple quick pics of Landon walking in the yard. I promise to try to better about blogging. I am so busy right now!
Just for Ol'Times sake.....here are some pics of my babies that I "miss." *sniff*sniff*


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love this hair!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Periwinkle*Twinkle said...

sniff! sniff! I miss those babies too.

Mom

Jill said...

I can hardly remember Caelynn being a baby, wow! And suddenly Landon has a ton of hair...did you put him on hair growth hormones or what?? Hee Hee! Oh and Parker...well, he's just never changed!