I am thankful for...... soft dirt, flame-resistant fabrics, hard serveware, gauze, and lots of toilet paper.
Maybe I should explain. Let me start from the beginning. Thanksgiving morning was non-eventful. Just cooking some sides and getting ready to go to my mom's house. All the family came down. About 15 people or so. Mike was working ( I missed you honey ). So everything started out normal. Lots of loved ones hugging, squeezing baby cheeks and catching up on lost time. But everything changed when it was time to eat.
First we were all eating ( except me...since I had to get up about every 2 bites to get Landon away from some dire situation) and we noticed that Ryan was missing. We looked all over and finally found him in the bathroom. No... not what you are thinking. He was having a MASSIVE nose-bleed. Well him and I have both been known to have these on occasion, so we thought it would stop soon enough. Well 30 minutes later, he had gone through 2 rolls of toilet paper and was getting weak from loosing so much blood. ( Let me say that this was not just a little trickle of blood, but it was literally pouring out like a faucet) So mom started to worry and began to try to find a doctor that was open on Thanksgiving(they don't exist).
While mom is getting ready to drive Ryan to the nearest hospital, I hear a thud and my dad starts running across the back deck. Apparently, Caelynn was outside on the deck and the dog ran into her and knocked her off the deck(a 7ft. drop). Thank god she was not seriously injured. Nothing broken, but she fell by a tree and scrapped her whole arm and back up. She was bleeding and screaming. We had to wrap her up with gauze pads and first-aid tape. She looked like a war victim. Poor little thing.
Ryan's nose stopped bleeding on the way to the hospital ( of course) so after he and mom got back we were trying to get things normalized again. We had all just started to relax when one of the tables with lots of food on it FELL TO THE GROUND. Yep...lots of deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, desserts, and other goodies all on the floor. We only lost one dish. The dog was very happy to help clean it all up.
So we had a pretty eventful day. But it wasn't over yet.....when Caelynn got hurt, I had to take off her clothes since she was bleeding on them. her skirt was sitting on a table. Well also on that table was a candle that had been burning all day long. The side of the candle melted and the fire hit the skirt catching it on fire. Caelynn starts running in the room saying there " is bire on my cwodes!!" Well she is not the easiest to understand, But my dad looked in the room and saw the fire. Luckily he was able to put it out before anything else caught fire.
WHEW! I think that was it. No casualties (except the dish) so I guess it was okay. We still had a good time with our family, and now we have some memories to take with us.
Only in my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
That was crazy! Wasnt it? The other casualty was the skirt I had made her. I'm just glad everyone was okay. Actually to most of the people there I think thinks went pretty normal. They were too busy talking & eating to realize that all of that was going on. I loved having everyone & I still had a wonderful time!
Mom
I meant that "things" went normal for most people. LOL I guess I cant spell at 12:30am.
Mom - again :)
Only you TARYN!!! It follows you around!! This is something that you just can't make up...too funny!! I'm glad there were no serious injuries...I was almost afraid to keep reading the post! I'm sure you were able to laugh it all off!!!
Talk to you soon,
Cathy
Bless your heart! Who invited Murphy?
I'm thankful that no one other than the one dish suffered more than a few scratches.
All the best to you,
Nancy
Post a Comment