Thursday, November 13, 2008

What a week!!...or two

Man! We have had such an emotional time this past week or two. First, a good friend of mine found out that her sister was involved in a skydiving accident. She went to be with the Lord the next day. She was 39 yrs old. Her husband and 2 daughters are devastated. Not to mention her family and friends. I did not know her. But from what I hear, she was someone I wish I had known.


Last Thursday, a very sweet 16 yr old girl also from our church was hit head on by a drunk driver. She died at the scene. As you all know, this is very close to my heart. My friends and I could have easily been killed when we were hit buy a drunk driver, but God did not see fit to bring us home. But I guess he decided it was Megan's time to come home. Her mother, Linda has lost her only child. As a single mom, i can't imagine what she must be feeling. A mother should not have to bury her child. I know it happens all the time, but it just doesn't seem right! WE love our children with our whole heart! I can't begin to understand how to start getting over the loss of my heart.


I know most of you don't know these families, but please pray for them. They are suffering right now. Please pray for comfort and healing in their lives.


Ms. Linda is a very sweet, loving woman. She teaches children's church, so Parker knows what happened. It is so interesting to see his perspective on Megan's death. He immediately thought of Linda's feelings. He talked about how sad she was going to be. And wanted to know who she would talk to without Megan. Makes me tear up just thinking about it. The purity of a child. He sees the situation without all the complicated matters we throw into it.


Welcome Home Megan.


2 comments:

Periwinkle*Twinkle said...

I still cry everytime I think about Linda's loss. I know she is grounded in the Lord. He will see her thru this. But, as a mother that almost lost her daughter. I immediatly knew the shock of what she felt when she heard that she was hurt. The helplessness. I did not loose you. I cry as I type this because I am so thankful for that...
I cant imagine that loss. It's my greatest fear, just as it is every mothers.
I know you still miss Erin. Mel, If you are reading this. I want you to know that Erin is certainly not forgotten. I still think of her often. I know Taryn misses her. She was really something else. Taryn picked up her sarcastic humor and I still remember some of the things Erin said to shock me. They both love the shock factor.
I pray that Linda will find comfort soon. Megan will always be in her thoughts. She will always miss her. Nothing will replace her. I know that. But, I hope she will find peace and the strength to go on. I will continue to keep her and Laurie's family in my prayers. The stories of Lauries sister are so inspiring. I know she will be very missed as well. I find comfort in knowing that they are both with the Lord.

Mom

merxleben said...

I cried as I heard about Megan as I knew all too well how her Mom (family) felt. I did not realize you guys knew her and that makes it hit even closer to home. After 3years, I realize that it's a pain that never goes away and I remember how Erin and I hysterically cried over the thought of losing Taryn. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Erin would be gone just a year later. It made me smile to read your Mom's comment about Erin's sarcastic sense of humor and the shock factor comment - so VERY true of you both!! Taryn you are SO BLESSED to be getting that in "payback" with Caelynn - ha!! I SO wanted to experience that with Erin!! I talked with a Mom in a parking lot one day who had lost her son at almost the same age as Erin. She had seen my memorial decal to Erin. She said it was so unfair that our children left us when it was time for US to HARASS them the way they had us!! I laughed and we hugged - such a blessing to know the "pain" is understood. Please tell Linda that I'm no expert, but I HAVE lived through losing a daughter and she needs to KNOW that's what Megan whould want! Please feel free to give her my email or phone # if she needs (wants) to talk to someone who understands. My heart aches every single day from the hole Erin's absence leaves. Tell Linda that she & her family (as well as Laurie's family) are all in my thoughts and prayers!! I love you Taryn and Renee!! Mel