Sunday, May 18, 2008

A little taste of camping.....







We had a family reunion yesterday at Gold Head State Park. It was the family from my grandmothers mothers side. Kind of distant family, but since it was just down the street, we couldnt miss the chance to get together with everyone.





So we had to pay $4 to get into the park. So we decided to go home and let the kids take a nap and then go back and camp out. That plan was soon thrown out when I checked the weather and it said it was going to rain ( which it never did). So we settled for going and cooking out in the woods and playing with each other. We were going to go on a hike, but by the time we got the grill going, cooked, and ate, it was 8:00 and starting to get dark.





But we had fun just spending time with each other. Sometimes just moving dinner to a new place can bring the family closer. The kids always feel like we are doing something special and they seem to get along better when we do "special" things.



AND......I FINALLY got a picture of the baby smiling! He has been smiling for weeks and I have not been able to capture it!
How cute it that!!! It melts my heart!


OKay.....so of course you're gonna get to see some pics of the kids, but first....




This teenage girl comes walking up to the playground with her dog. The sarcastic part of me was thinking,"you should probably not play on a playground after the age of 15." So I was surprised when she headed straight for the swings and put her DOG in a baby swing! The dog loved it! It was the funniest thing! So of course I took a picture like the big snap happy dork that I am.


HaHaHa!! Doesnt he look like he is smiling? Now, now, you know you thought this was funny :)


Now for some pics of the kids.....Parker helped mike with the grill, Caelynn "showed me her teeth,"and Parker posed for his Mr. February spot in next years calendar. Enjoy!




Love, Taryn










No comments: