
WE DID IT!! Yep...you guessed it! CAMPING!!! With two small kids and a newborn.....IN A TENT!!! Oh yeah....a tent. I know it seems dumb that I feel such a sense of accomplishment from this. But we have been wanting to go camping for years and we were always to chicken to take the little ones. Parker would be fine, but Caelynn was to little and then we had Landon and now he is so little. We just decided it was not fair to Parker to miss out on things b/c his siblings were to young. So we decided to try it. WE went to Gold Head so just in case the baby didnt do well we would be close to home. But everything was great! Yes it was hot....Yes we were covered in dirt and sweat. But it was fun. The kids had a great time and so did Mike and I. We swam, hiked and played. The baby loves to be outside so he did fine. Sleeping in the tent wasnt bad either (for one night). We liked it so much that we are now looking to buy a camper. We want to go for several days and I dont want to sleep in a tent that long. So if you know anyone with a good, cheap camper that sleeps at least 6...let us know!
Now...on to the pictures.....oh you knew they were coming:)
This is Mike and the kids at the starting point of the hike. We went on the Ravine trail.
Mike and Landon (just cuz I thought it was cute)
Caelynn and Parker sitting on the bridge over the stream(funny how kids fight less when you are campng)

This girl LOVES her Daddy!!
And finally....you can see that Landon really enjoyed the hike!





2 comments:
Girl, you are so brave to go camping with those kids, in a TENT!! LOL!! I am glad that you finally got your blog started, I have been slacking on mine, but I am going to post soon. The blog looks great! Love, Kim
Who is that Picture Perfect family? I dont recognize them? They are all smiling & playing nicely together. They look a lot like my daughter & son-n-law with their children. But, no...no that cant be them! LOL Great pics, Taryn!
Mom
Post a Comment