Sunday, August 17, 2008

school...really?




It's so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Parker starts school tomorrow. I didn't think it would be hard for me b/c he went to K3 and K4 so it's not like he has never been to school before. But for some reason this is actually hard for me. Most of you that know me, know that Im not the type of person that gets all emotional about this kind of stuff. I have never really understood why mothers cry and can't hardly let go of their kids, etc. But I am starting to understand a little. Not that Im gonna be boo-hooing( is that even a word? Probably not, but Im using it anyway) in the kindergarten hallway. But this is my baby! He was just learning to walk, wasn't he? How can he be starting Kindergarten?!?


Maybe it's that he will be gone all day, or that he is at the "big" school with "big" kids, or that he keeps asking me questions like,"Mom, what grade will I be in when Landon goes to Kindergarten?" ACK!! When what??? He'll be in fifth grade! Caelynn will be in 2nd grade and my sweet little baby boy will be big! and in school! I can't imagine having kids that big. Unfathomable!!!(yes...that IS a word)

All this nostalgia probably is just a sign that I am getting old. We actually school shopped all summer. We knew we couldn't afford everything at once, so we bought stuff a little bit at a time over the summer. We are so fortunate to have such a supportive family. My mom, grandma, and aunt all bought Parker some really cute clothes. My mom took Parker to Alabama earlier in the summer and in one of the airports they had a Harley Davidson store. So he managed to talk her into buying him a super-cool Harley backpack. And somehow it took all summer to buy the child a pair of shoes. i kept looking for shoes, but none were satisfactory. He is very picky. He loves Skechers right now, but I don't have the DNA to spend that kind of money on shoes for a 5 yr old. So I kept looking on ebay, but of course, he wanted a certain style that is brand new, so I couldn't find them cheap. My mom graciously decided she would rather get him something he really liked than a bunch of stuff he didn't really care about, so she ordered the shoes online(free shipping BTW) and they came yesterday. (Thanks mom!) He LOVES them!


He is counting down the hours till school starts. It's so cute! I know this excitement will only last a couple years. Keep us all in your prayers as we adjust to this new life. We are very used to doing anything whenever we want. And we can no longer just pack up and go in the middle of the week. Okay....enough rambling....I'll post first day pics tomorrow!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It seems like it was just yesterday that I met this little pudge ball!!! He has grown up so fast...I still remember him in that little Nike warm up suit with his Nike shoes and his sun glasses...He's always been quite the ladies man!