Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fathers Day

Well let me just say that I am the luckiest man alive. I have a beautiful and loving wife who means more to me than words can ever say. She is truley my best friend and soul mate. My life has never been so complete as it is now with her and my three beautiful children. I am the happiest that I have ever been in my life right now. I opened my fathers day cards before I left for work today and that made my day. It is kind of bitter sweet though. We were flat broke on mothers day and I didn't do anything that I usually do because of that. I usually get the kids to get her a card and make it a special day for her. I even worked that day to top thing off. She is an incredible mother and I slacked on her day. I felt terrible about it but now I feel even worse. I know she has forgiven me but I apologize again baby.
I'm new to this blogging thing but I figured I'd give it a try. My family is my world. My kids are absolutely awesome. Parker is my little buddy and helper. He loves to hang out with me and help whatever I am doing. If I've got a project going on you can bet he'll be there helping ( or at least trying). :-) I love him so very much. He just got back from a trip to his aunts and I missed him while he was gone. I'm very glad he's back. Caelynn is my little girl. She is definitely daddy's little girl. She's sweet with a spitifire attitude. What else can I say other than she's my little girl. Landon is my youngest. He's just so cute. His little personality is just beaming these days. He's getting bigger every day and doing more things too. What can I say... my family is my world. The Lord has blessed me so very much. I thank him every day for this family and pray for their safety. I love them all more than anything. I have to go for now but I'll write more another day. I am sure not as much as my wife though. She's just got more to say I guess.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

That was a very sweet post, Mike...you did a great job. And you even put in a little smiley face...who taught you that???!!! ;) You are a wonderful father, husband and friend. I hope we all get the chance to camp together this summer..that should give us something to blog about..haha!!! Don't beat yourself up about Mother's Day, I know Taryn is just happy to have you and the kids and her life with all of you. Plus, it could be Mother's Day any day (every day)...feel free to surprise her any day of the week when you are rich again!!!!

Taryn said...

Mike...I love you so much. You are an amazing father and husband. I am so blessed that God has let me be your wife. I could not have asked for more. Our kids just adore you and so do I. These last four years have been the best of my life. I love you more than anything :)

Periwinkle*Twinkle said...

That was so sweet Mike. You know you have blessed our whole family!
You are a good Daddy & husband, there is no disputing that! LOL

Mel said...

Mike, I was so touched by your blog!! Taryn and the kids are so very blessed to have you in their lives!! Not only are you an amazing husband and father but you're a GREAT friend to all who know you! Even though we've only known you for the past 4 years or so, you've ALWAYS been there for us when we needed you. I laugh now that I had "reservations" about you before I met you! Taryn is, and always will be, "one of my girls" and I was worried that you might not be good enough for her and Parker. As soon as I met you, I knew my worries were unfounded!! Thanks for being the person you are and a part of all our lives!! We ALL love you!!